2021 Nature and Art
Global Art Competition for the Conservation of Biodiversity
A Great Opportunity
Do you want to get it? Please click the button to get the form and send it to the email address of the competition.
Dear teachers and students:
The Organizing Committee has carefully put together a beautiful, hardback art book featuring works selected from the competition, a work that will encourage more people around the world to take practical action to protect biodiversity. In addition, a complimentary T-shirt advocating environmentally friendly ideals, an eco-friendly bag and cup have been included with the book, so that environmentalists and artists can protect the environment as part of their daily lives.
We hope that everyone can take part! Add your voice to the global call for the protection of biodiversity! (For details, please see the attached Order Form).
The 2021 Nature and Art - Global Art Competition for the Conservation of Biodiversity Organizing Committee will review and re-evaluate all submitted artwork, and publish the most outstanding pieces in the 2021 Nature and Art - Global Art Competition for the Conservation of Biodiversity Art Book. This project was initiated by and is in collaboration with the Yunnan Fine Arts Publishing House.
About the book:
1. The art book is a hardback volume of full-color images, published by a state-owned publishing house, to be available nation-wide.
2. Art works featured will be selected from nearly 10,000 pieces submitted by artists from twenty three countries and regions.
3. In keeping with the rigorous academic standards of the competition, one of China’s most highly regarded art critics and gallery curators has been invited to write the book’s preface.
4. The book will be sent to join the collections of China’s national art libraries, including the National Library in Beijing, the Central Academy of Fine Arts Library, and the China Academy of Art Library.
5. Once participating artists have been notified of their art work’s selection, the rights of official publication, dissemination, and promotion of these works will lie with the Organizing Committee.
6. Only the artists who have been notified that their art work has been selected as part of the competition enjoy the right to have their work published in the artbook.
7. All artists whose work is published in the book have the right to participate in the competition’s global online and offline touring exhibition.
8. Only those artists who have work published in the art book are eligible to receive complimentary limited-edition commemorative items.
9. The art book will be printed using IOS10400 environmentally friendly ink, Computer-to-Plate (CTP) imaging technology, imported 170g textured art paper, and a high-quality, mounted hardback cover.
10. The price of the art book is RMB 399 per book. To receive the above benefits, the book must be preordered. In case of disagreements regarding the competition or related activities, the Organizing Committee retains the right of final arbiter.
The 2021 Nature and Art - Global Art Competition for the Conservation of Biodiversity Art Book is a reinterpretation of the relationship between nature and art, a publication that will fascinate both art enthusiasts and artists. It is part of a collaboration of Chinese organizations and companies in an endeavor that makes a major contribution to the cause of protecting biodiversity. This impressive collection of art from twenty-three countries and regions around the world is a wonderful gift on the eve of the fifteenth meeting of the Conference of the Parties at the UN’s Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD COP15).
The 2021 Nature and Art - Global Art Competition for the Conservation of Biodiversity is a Kunming initiative, but its reach is global. The event has brought together people from around the world who share a love of the natural world and wish to work together to build an environmentally friendly future for all of us. The competition uses the international visual language of art to advocate for the protection of the environment and respect for nature. It builds on President Xi Jinping's compelling speech at the United Nations Biodiversity Summit which called on all nations to work together in creating a beautiful, harmonious world, a world in which we work with nature rather than exploiting it.
Through brush and canvas, artists have communicated their passion for the living world, through focusing on the beauty of nature, their work is inspirational, swelling the ranks of those of us working for the protection of all life on earth. Our aim is that raising awareness of the importance of biodiversity will be manifest in practical action, sustainable development, and a way of living that protects and supports nature. We believe this project is a great step toward that goal.
The image shown here is indicative only. Actual products you receive may differ. Within the rule of law, the right of final interpretation lies with the organizers.
Art Book + Limited Edition Commemorative Items
(Art Book + 1 T-shirt + Eco-friendly Cup + Eco-friendly Bag)
An art book of award-winning works from the Global Art Competition for the Conservation of Biodiversity
Global Art Competition for the Conservation of Biodiversity Limited Edition T-shirts
Global Art Competition for the Conservation of Biodiversity Limited Edition Wheat Straw Double Insulated Cup
Global Art Competition for the Conservation of Biodiversity Limited Edition Eco-friendly Bags
Artists are invited to scan the QR code below to follow the official WeChat public account of the Global Art Competition for the Conservation of Biodiversity Organizing Committee. The list of competition winners and selected works will be announced through this account soon.
Due to limited numbers, those who would like to have their work appear in the art book must register with the Organizing Committee within ten days of receiving this email, and carefully fill in the order form information. All hardback art books and commemorative items will be delivered by courier (collect on delivery) to the recipient’s address. In order to help the cause of Yunnan plateau environmental protection, please directly remit order payment for art book to the official account of the Yunnan Plateau Ecological Environmental Protection
Foundation:(Yunnan Plateau Ecological Environmental Protection Foundation)
You can make a donation to the following bank account.
Name of Bank : China Everbright Bank, Kunming Branch
Bank Address : No. 28 Ren Min Middle Road, Kunming, Yunnan, China
Telephone No. : +86-871-63111028
Swift Address: EVERCNBJKM1
Beneficiary Name : Yunnan Plateau Ecological Environmental Protection Foundation
Beneficiary Account : 3961 1488 0000 1637 1
Thank you for your donation and support!
Join us in environmentally friendly activities you can do every day to help protect biodiversity!